Sunday, July 29, 2012

Closet case

Wow, another post so soon? Something must be wrong! Well, nothing is, not at this exact moment. I've been dealing with a summer cold for the last few days, and today is the first day I haven't needed sinus medication, so I figure things are looking up. I've been in my head a lot over the past few days - I spend too much time in that vacant room at the best of times, but more so when I'm sick I guess. My illness addled insights?

Orange - orange gets a bad rap.  It's not as hot as red, and not as cheery as yellow.  But it's awesome, as colours go.

To thine own self be true - I *think* I'm finally learning to listen to my intuition.  I have a very very  LOUD, persistent inner voice, and I've learned over the years to beat it down with complex flights of well intentioned but misguided logic - something else I'm very good at.  The problem is, I don't always want to hear what that voice has to say.  From now on, I'm going to try and do a better job of listening.  It will be worth it in the end, even if it doesn't necessarily feel like it at the time.

Bodies like to do stuff -  Eating better, exercise - apparently it really is worthwhile. I am finally getting back into a regular exercise routine (much of which is made so much more fun because it is disguised as social time with my deal pal L.), and I am feeling so much better.  Mentally, and physically.  It feels good to treat myself well. 

Bodies like change - there is some...modification...on the horizon, after years of contemplation.  Timing is everything, and the time is right, now. It's secret for now, sort of, but watch this space and maybe I'll talk about it when it happens.

It's easier with two - The closet space in the basement is in progress - phase one of clothing rack installation happened with Mum's help, phase two with the lovely L's hands holding the level.  It's coming together really nicely!  Thank you Rubbermaid Closet Solutions!

Things look clearer from the outside - It's been interesting recently, in my brain.  I have moments of going up/down/sideways with my thoughts, some crazy emotional stuff, but I also finding the ability to step outside myself and see exactly what is going on in a strangely dispassionate way.  I am finding that I know (at times) when I should know better, if that makes any sense at all.  The first sign of schizophrenia, or the first sign of sanity? Hmmm.

Cats have way too much fur - they should have just enough that shedding would be detrimental to their health. Enough said.

Other than that, I am enjoying the spoils of winning some free tickets to the Neanderthal Arts Festival (yay to the Georgia Straight and my repeated luck re winning their contests...), and I went to see the always delightful Beirut last night - I've blogged about them a couple of times before (with better footage) so I will just say they didn't disappoint, and Zach Condon is as impressive as always.


1 comment:

~L said...

Love ya lots J! Glad I can be a help considering all you've done for me. You're an amazing friend.
xoxo
~L