Saturday, March 17, 2007

Me and Meg White....


Moving slowly today - a rainy Vancouver day, bit of a headache (damn atmospheric pressure...can't we do without atmospheric pressure?). The Big News is that I have bought a fold out couch for the red den. Quite excited about it - it should be ready for delivery in 6 to 8 weeks, and god help me that better be enough time for me to install baseboards into that room ... and who knows, maybe finish refinishing the door between the den & bathroom (though the cats are so used to rocketing through the current torn-paper door that I dread to think what is going to happen when something solid is put there - may have to get cat crash helmets of some sort for the first little while).

On the way back home from buying the couch I stopped at Thomas Haas and picked up a double baked almond croissant. If anyone comes to visit and sleep on my new couch, I promise a visit to Thomas Haas. As a pal at work said, no problem is so large that it cannot be solved by a Thomas Haas double baked almond croissant. Anyway, came home, and had it with some tea from this little pot I painted years ago. The painted houses look surprisingly like the Bunkle.

Speaking of good food, had a great night out at my pal L's house last night with a group of old and new friends eating great home made pizza and playing Bohnanza.

And in other news, according to this oh-so-accurate site, my celebrity look alike is Meg White of the White Stripes. Followed closely by a series of young asian actresses I've never heard of, Sela Ward, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce. Anyone who knows me will be laughing hysterically at this point. I think they were matching the spacing of the eyes or something. I guess mine are wider than I thought...? At least it didn't pull up Rodney Dangerfield. I dare you to try it. I did try it on a photo of Thomas to see if my pal's assertion that he looks like Peter Lorre holds water, but the site didn't recognize his furry mug as a face. Too bad.

No comments: