Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I beat my head against a wall....

So....went to see the English Beat last weekend. This is the second time I've seen the current touring version of the band (which, really, is Dave Wakeling with a backing band). As expected, it was good, bouncing fun. And I would usually blog about it in detail. But I'm still IRKED by the fact I deleted what had turned out to be half a dozen good quality videos from the night from both my camera and my computer. And the thing is, in some way, I knew what I was doing. There were signs all along the way. And as soon as I hit "OK" to the message "Do you want to permanently delete these files?" I knew, I knew. If only the computer had prompted me with "Have you finished your coffee yet? Don't you think you should before you make a decision about deleting files?" Sigh.

I like to think this is some sort of lesson in how to let go.

Anyway, here is a video from the Beat's heyday in the early 80s (that! pink! shirt!)...enjoy the trip back in time.




No comments: