Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lost and found

Thought I'd share a video from my most recent musical experience - not my favorite Andrew Bird concert of all time, but I'm someone who looks less for the polish and more for the passion. That being said, it was still pretty great. I was there with the Terrible Twosome siblings and a couple of friends, including my dear pal L. She is now an Extra Dear Pal after helping me through yesterday's crisis - which involved a couple of large pieces of jewelry finding their way down my bathroom sink drain and into the comforting hammock of the u-bend beneath. This was upsetting for me for a couple of reasons - the pieces themselves, and the cosmic significance that their potential loss meant, and the fact that I couldn't deal with it myself. The u-bend connectors were too tight - not just hand-tight, as they should be. Luckily, between L. and a huge pipe wrench, the problem was solved. Jewelry retrieved, cleaned, and safe. Emotional breakdown averted. And the cosmic significance of their retrieval embraced. Off to Toronto tomorrow - there for a day of work craziness, then I return. Hopefully it will be so whirlwind that jetlag won't have time to set in. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the Andrew Bird concert was every special. Though I agree with my buddy that it wasn't the best of his I've seen, there were some pretty amazing moments. Highlights included a haunting rendition of "It's Not Easy Being Green" and a lovely raw acoustic version of "One More Drink" written by the Handsome Family with beautiful harmonies. I think the addition of 3 part harmonies throughout the concert was wonderful (especially for a harmony person like me!). They completely suit Andrew's style of music.

I'm so glad I could help with the jewelry retrieval.

Love ya lots!
L.