Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Goodbye Kate

Kate McGarrigle's death earlier this week really hit me.  It's kind of funny -   there are a lot of musicians that have been important to me and my little life that have passed on, but for some reason this one resonates more than most.  I don't know...maybe it is that there is something about Kate & Anna's music that feels so distinctly Canadian; I listen and I feel the crisp central Canadian winter, all mixed in with the warmth that their beautifully honest voices bring to everything they do.  Or in Kate's case, did.  I have had the good fortune to see the sisters perform a couple of times, and they were amazing - incredibly connected to each other, and in a bubble of their own, that's for sure - they were who they were, regardless of who was watching. 

Sigh.


1 comment:

Tracy said...

yes.

stay dry ;)