Wednesday, July 08, 2009

WHiNE.

My day:
  • 5:25 - Get up
  • 7:10 - Grab lunch from freezer before heading to work
  • 7:11 - Discover lunch isn't frozen; discover nothing in the freezer is frozen. Swear
  • 7:14 - Misplace my bus pass; swear again
  • 7:16 - Find bus pass. Go to work*
  • 8:00 - Call Sears - they tell me they will be there "sometime between 8 am - 7pm". I tell them I have to leave my house at 5:00; they will make note of that
  • 8:15 - Rush BACK from work, home just before 9am. Cats appear to be happy to see me, but can you really tell with cats?
  • 9:50 - notice that there is a "missed call" from Sears at 8:15am, but no message.
  • 10 - 11am: online meeting for work
  • 11:05 - Mum stops by with freezer box.
  • 11:10am - call Sears to clarify if there was a reason they called at 8:15am. Find out the tech has logged a note saying "left message that we are only available during the day, not after 5pm". AUGHHH.
  • 3:50pm - Sears tech arrives, all smiles. After 10 minutes, tells me I have a Serious Problem. Gas Leak. Major Repair. Loaner Fridge Required. Sears will call me with details (I am still under warranty. I should be. The fridge is a month old)
  • 3:58pm - find out that the tickets I bought for a band I don't know just so I could be there on Richards "last night" are actually NOT for the last night. The last night, they have decided, is the evening before. The band I don't know is now moved to the crap "Venue" (aka the Plaza). Sigh.
  • 4:15 - cancel appointment at vet for 5:30 pm, as still haven't heard from Sears. Rebook for Friday night. Because I want to spend Friday night at the vets. Really.
  • 4:30pm - go into kitchen to find raccoon attempting to break in through cat door, likely because he smells thawing food. Cats stare at door, goggle-eyed. Which, truthfully, makes me laugh.
  • 4:30 - 5:15 - spend a lot of time pacing. It's a family trait.
  • 5:30 - am pouring myself a drink and plan to stay still until this day is over.
*I have NO idea why I didn't call Sears before leaving for work. Really.

2 comments:

sugarlove said...

Dear Bunkle,

I hope you poured yourself more than one drink. In fact, I hope you are now horizontal on the couch watching "So You Think You Can Dance" (or something equally as mindless and satisfying).

We are still standing by with another cooler should the need arise.....

BunkleLife said...

SYTYCD? As sad as it is, you hit the nail on the head (Brandon & Janette - hot tamale train? I THIIIINK SOOOO - sorry, channelling Mary Murphy....)