Thursday, July 31, 2008

Still bright


A short post on the Richards on Richards gig for Bright Eyes lead/phenom (oh how I wish someone would call me that. Not phenom, Bright Eyes.) Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley band. Short because I'm tired, short because life is too hectic these days with things much less fun than music. But not short because it wasn't a fantastic gig. Not short because I don't want to talk about the audience (you were so well behaved!!). It really was great. I loved it. And I've been streaming his album from his site ever since (it isn't released until next week - at which point I will lay down some cold hard cash to be sure).

And it's Richards, last bastion of the free world of video - so here is Cape Canaveral and Souled Out!!. A few more videos from the night here. And I will try to write something more engaging at some point. At least before the next gig....



2 comments:

Tracy said...

may i? hey bright eyes. thinking of you. xo

Jorge Amigo said...

Dang! I missed it! But thanks for sharing.

I went to Richards, by mistake, to the Boris concert the day after... oh ... the horror, the horror. (and by mistake I mean, because I lack curiosity management skills). I had never felt so out of place in my life. Well, apart from the time when I got the address wrong for a party and found myself in a living room with very elegantly dressed people...a funeral!