Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday night at the Bunkle....

Not the best photos today I'm afraid. Flock is slowly growing. The little guy with the perky tail is a house wren - quite pleased with him, not only because of his boat-shaped body he can actually sit up on his own (the rest tip onto their heads - which I could say is intentional as they are supposed to be pecking for seed...ok, maybe not). The junco's head is a little too defined, but oh well, maybe my junco has a larger brain that the one in the drawing. I borrowed a couple of bird books from my parents yesterday so we will see what happens...

I realize the whole bird thing isn't all that exciting, but it's my blog and I can bird if I want to.

It's the Academy Awards tonight. One bonus of living on the west coast is that it actually airs at 5pm, which makes watching it somewhat less painful that having it start at 8. Why would I watch it if it is painful? Very good question. I'm not that interested in the outcome, and as always the nominations are predictable... I guess I watch for the cringe factor. I wait for someone to say something really dumb, which is guaranteed to happen. As is an abysmal musical number. I hope for something to match Jack Palance's one-armed push-ups. There are a couple of things I'd like to see that won't happen - Ryan Gosling winning for Half Nelson for instance. I'd also like to see Jennifer Hudson win for best supporting actress - not because I've seen Dream Girls (I'd rather rub salt in my eyes) but because the best supporting actress win seems to be a bit of a career kiss of death, and I would miss her the least. And I'd like to see Pan's Labyrinth win for Best Art Direction...or best foreign film, though The Lives of Others is also a very very strong film. OK, finding myself starting to care, so I'll stop.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

oh these are good.

ah oscar night. i watched it hoping for a surprise...