Saturday, May 09, 2009

Kill/Marry/Shag


Back from Boston. It was a whirlwind trip to meet a vendor that we are assessing right now to provide us with a new Knowledge Management System...which, internally, means that the project is known as KMS (Kill/Marry/Shag). We have already killed two vendors, and had three days of "shagging" with the guys in Boston - they arranged a limo to pick me up from the airport, gave me a gorgeous vase full of flowers (pictured), put me up in the lovely Renaissance Waterfront for three nights, fed me some incredible beef at Grill 23... all the sort of stuff you do when you are courting. I was there with a couple of women from the British office of my company - we all agree that we would like to marry them, but there are a few minor flaws we need to decide if we can live with...because as we all know, things don't change for the better just because you are married.
Next on the shagging agenda are some vendors in Brighton England... will see how their courting style compares.

Didn't get much time in Boston that wasn't work related. Did get out for some good seafood at the Legal Test Kitchen, wandered around a bit, but that's about it. I really do like Boston - I haven't spent nearly enough time there. The people are unusually friendly, and the cobblestone and brick streets in the older areas are gorgeous. I have now put it on my list of holiday destinations. And who knows, if our relationship with the Bostonians increases, I may get back for some more shagging sooner than I think.

No comments: