Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Pretty from a distance...


A rare photo of Miss Mags (AKA Maggie, Miss Moo, Moo, Moo Kitty, and one half of For the love of God would you Two STOP IT). What I love is how pretty and fluffy she looks from a distance, and how much withering disdain is in that steely gaze when you get up close. I am currently in Halifax and miss being belittled by her glare (and no, she doesn't have one squinty eye, I woke her up).

Halifax is cold. Well, was. Tomorrow will be 12C, which scares me as it sounds like a migraine inducing change of pressure to me. It was f%@#g COLD at the airport last night at 11:30 waiting for the airport shuttle (because in Halifax, cabs don't go to the airport unless they are prearranged it would seem - ??! I went to the "taxi/limo" stand in the airport and asked about taxis, and the woman said "Did you prearrange one?" When I said No, she shrugged, turned away from me and said 'well...I guess you can wait for the next free one then", gazing outside at the completely empty taxi stand). It's been a long time since I've felt that kind of cold, from weather or a taxi stand employee.

It's going ok so far...my love of hotel living is carrying me through.

No comments: