Saturday, October 13, 2007

Is that a banana on your feet, or...


Yes, that's right. Bananas. Anyone have a problem with that?

The banana boots were the only purchase verging on the slightly absurd (at least I hope they are the only thing...) during A. and my rape & pillage of the outlet mall in Tulalip on Wednesday. The boots rock. They even have a little buckle at the top. I bought them under the premise of gardening boots, but ooooh they are gonna be so much more.

This whole shopping in the states thing will come bite everyone in the rear eventually, but this is the first time in my life (to my knowledge) that the dollar is in our favour and dammit I'm going to enjoy it, at least once. And those Americans do know how to do the sales. They also know how to post creepy anti-abortion signs & religious instruction radio station call numbers beside the roadways, but that's another story.

All in all, we were bringing a four-figure amount back across the border. And we declared it all (I don't lie well. At least not to people wearing any sort of uniform.) And they waved us through. Huh? Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. And make sure you smile at the customs guy.

1 comment:

haikugirl said...

Love your rubber boots! - haikugirl