Friday, September 28, 2007

If I get a new roof, will Sufjan stand on it? AKA Did Someone Say Banjo Episode #4

Just wondering. I am currently killing time waiting for the sales guy from the roofing company (who is now officially late) and found this. And I've gotta say, if the 5-figure cost of replacing the roof included a cute, incredibly talented banjo playing American perched on top as in the video here, I would consider it money well spent.

I should also mention that la Blogotheque (creators/posters of the video) have a really great collection of stuff, "take away concerts" of artists performing all over the place (bathrooms, streets, bars, houses...a roof....). But if you're anything like me, be prepared to lose at least an hour of your life sifting through the videos they post...but then again, they tend to profile bands I am already smitten with.

But enough of that. I'm still waiting. The roofer is now half an hour late. The more I think about it, the more the Bunkle would suit a roof-standing banjo player (maybe he could double as a weather vane? Oh the possibilities....)

No comments: